The current economy is growing significantly due to the automobile industry. Electric vehicles are the trend in the current industry. Some of the electric scooter brands in India are Ather, Ola, Revolt and Okinawa.
The government is also offering incentives and subsidies on electric scooters to encourage more people to purchase electric vehicles as it is an efficient and sustainable mode of transportation compared to a fuel run vehicle, which furthermore states that this is the right time to purchase an electric vehicle.
Top Best Electric Scooter in India
Ola S1, Ather 450X, TVS iQube Electric are some of the latest electric scooter in India. Electric scooter prices in India currently vary from ₹40,000 to ₹1,50,000 depending on the features, build, motor and battery used.
While many other scooter companies are coming out with better non-electric scooters like Suzuki Access 125, Honda Activa and TVS Jupiter, which are some of the new scooters in Indian market, and whose companies have been around for a long time, have been replaced by some of the best electric scooter in India , even though they are a bit pricey!
Some of the latest electric scooter in India can help you find the one perfectly crafted for you and your pocket:
1. Ather 450X
Ather is one of the newer electric scooter brands in India. Though it is may not be the cheapest electric scooter in India, it’s one of the best in the market. It can be connected to your mobile via Bluetooth. It offers a digital speedometer, odometer, and other features like clock, music control, call and SMS alerts, etc. right on the vehicle’s screen, it comes with 3 riding modes, warp, sport, and ride. The Ex-showroom Price of Ather 450x electric scooter in India ranges from 1.28 Lacs to 1.52 Lacs.
- It has a 3300W, PMSM type motor and combined braking system.
- This scooter can be driven upto 60km to 85km per charge
- It takes around 5 hours to charge completely.
- It can accelerate from 0 to 80kmph in just 13.74s
- It can go upto a maximum speed of 80kmph.
- It also comes with onboard navigation, live location and vehicle tracking.
2. Revolt RV 400
This is one of the new scooters in Indian market. Revolt RV 400 electric scooter price in India is ₹1,29,463. It is also one of the best mileage electric scooter in India.
One of the main reasons you can go for this stylish bike is its digital trip meter which is just an odometer that calculates the distance travelled by the vehicle. The difference between an odometer and a trip meter is that you can reset a trip meter while the odometer cannot be reset. This is a great find if you want to measure how much you have driven in a day or calculate the distance of your new route!
- It takes about 4.5 hours to charge completely
- It can run around 80km to 150km per charge.
- A 3000W, mid-drive motor powers it.
- It can drive upto a maximum speed of 85kmph.
- It also has digital navigation, speedometer, odometer.
3. Ola S1 Pro
This scooter is priced at ₹1,10,149 and is taking the industry by a storm with its new and refreshing features and technology. This new scooter also comes with exciting new specifications like anti-theft alarm, geo-fencing, cruise control and it also has a get me home mode, which maps the route back to your house; find my scooter to help you find your scooter in a rush, roadside assistance and voice assistance inbuilt in the vehicle to make your driving experience better!
- It has a mid-drive IPM motor rated at a power of 5500W.
- It comes with mobile connectivity through Bluetooth and wifi.
- This scooter runs upto 130km to 180km on charging it for 6.5 hours.
- It can go upto a maximum speed of 115kmph.
- It can reach upto a high speed of 80kmph and go from 0 to 40kmph in just 3.3s!
4. Bajaj Chetak
This is one of the costliest vehicles on this list, listed at ₹1,47,775. Bajaj, a very prominent and popular scooter brand, had stopped manufacturing scooters for a couple of years to develop a new electric vehicle and the product, and it was the new electric version of the old one bajaj chetak. It has a feature where you can start the vehicle by a push button or remote start and also comes with a 3 years or 50000km battery warranty. It is available in 2 variants, sophisticated and premium.
- Charging takes upto 5 hours,
- It can be driven upto a range of 80km to 90km on the road.
- It has a 3800W BLDC motor.
- It can drive upto a maximum of 70kmph.
5. TVS iQube
Being one of the recognizable scooter brands in India, TVS is showing its pretty prominent and upcoming features, and this particular scooter is priced at ₹1,15,000. It also comes with over-speed alert, smart ride statistics, parking assist, and other smart features.
- This scooter consists of a 4.4kW BLDC motor.
- It takes upto 6 hours to charge completely.
- It runs upto 75km per charge and runs upto a maximum speed of 78kmph.
- It can reach 0 to 60kmph in just 9.54s!
- It also consists of an Over-speed alert, Smart ride statistics, Parking assist.
6. Okinawa iPraise
This is listed at a price of ₹1,23,000, which comes with an electronic assisted braking system and replaceable Li-ion batteries. It also has a central locking system added to the digital speedometer and other features already present in the other electric vehicles and comes with a 3-year battery warranty.
- It has a 2500W BLDC motor and can deliver upto 2500W power.
- It can take 4 hours to charge completely and runs upto 160km on the road per charge.
- It can run upto a maximum speed of 58kmph.
- It also consists of roadside assistance and immobilization!
7. Hero Photon 48V
This is one of the cheapest electric scooter in India, listed at only ₹65,464, giving us a very good range of features and a better mileage compared to other electric scooters listed at this price. Its design and soft lines give this vehicle a chic and retro look. This may not have a lot of features like the other bikes on this list, but it serves the basic need of an electric bike at a low cost.
- It can go upto a maximum speed of 45kmph.
- It comes with drum brakes, and the motor power is around 1200W to 1800W.
- It takes upto 4 to 5 hours to charge and runs from 80km to 110km on the road.
- It comes with regenerative braking and a fan-cooled charger.
8. Bounce Infinity E1
This scooter is selling at ₹68,999 but can be brought down to ₹36,099 using the company’s plans. These plans come with a monthly payment starting at ₹849, effectively bringing down the vehicle price to ₹0.65 per km. It also comes with reverse mode, drag mouse, canbus, tow alert, ignition alert and location tracking.
- It comes with a 2000W BLDC motor
- 48V battery which can easily be removed and charged anywhere.
- It can reach a maximum speed of 65kmph and can run for 85km per charge.
- It takes about 4 hours to charge completely and comes with combined brake systems.
- It also consists of regenerative braking systems.
9. Simple One
This electric scooter is one of the most gorgeous electric scooters with a clean-cut design. This scooter is the best electric scooter in India with all its innovative features. It’s priced at ₹1,09,999, which is a decent price for a very wide range of features it offers!
- It has a 4500W powered motor and runs upto a maximum speed of 105km on the road.
- It comes with a smart touch screen, dashboard, and remote access.
- It’s the best mileage electric scooter in India, giving a range upto 236km.
10. The Ampere V48
This scooter is used by people who have a smaller commute. And can drive for very small distances with a single charge. But this comes at a very budget-friendly price of ₹40,000, being the cheapest electric vehicle in this list. It can be driven upto a distance of 60km per charge but it takes an awfully long time which is about 8 to 10 hours, to charge completely, which may be the only off thing about this simple but very classy vehicle
- It can reach upto a maximum speed of 25km.
- It comes with a 250W, BLDC motor and runs upto 45km to 50km per charge.
- It also has a 1 year battery warranty.
Though people have been using scooters for a very long time, they do not seem to be quite accustomed to the idea of an electric scooter yet.
They still seem to think it’s outlandish and different to a lot of people. Electric scooters are not only better but also more efficient and exciting to drive. They are nothing different than your regular non-electric scooters except with a few new and upcoming features, and saving you on your fuel costs.
In conclusion, replacing non-electric vehicles with electric scooters is also a huge upgrade considering the new technological features like Bluetooth and wifi connectivity, anti-theft alarm, parking assist, roadside assistance, voice control, music control and other amazing and smart features.
The government has also been giving incentives and subsidies to everyone who is purchasing electric vehicles instead of fuel run ones in order to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide. This is another indicator of why you must think about getting a new electric scooter in the current year.
This goes out to show the growth of the technology in the past years and the prospects of future technology in this area. This only goes out to show that we all must switch to electric vehicles as soon as possible to not only save money but also play an important role in saving this planet!
Some of the frequently asked questions about electric scooters are:
Q) Are electric scooters safe?
Ans: Electric scooters are as safe as any other non-electric scooters. As long as you follow all the rules and safety regulations for riding a scooter, you will be safe.
Q) Are electric scooters legal?
Ans: There may be a few more extra regulations on the driver driving an electric scooter but other than that they are perfectly legal in India and are even encouraged by the government.
Q) How do electric scooters work?
Ans: Electrical scooters typically have a throttle, battery, and motor. And once you hit the throttle button, the motor draws power from the battery and the wheels start moving.
Q) Are electric scooters reliable?
Ans: The technology has been developing exponentially and within a short span of time, we have come a long way to make electric vehicles more sustainable. And every day we are learning and developing better technologies to create better scooters. So, electric scooters are definitely reliable!
Q) What are the most common electric scooter problems?
Ans: The most common defects or problems electric scooter owners face are the problems related to the motor, batteries or controls. All of these problems can be easily fixed if you take it down to your nearest company service center.
Q) Will an electric scooter save you money?
Ans: Though the scooters themselves are a bit overpriced, in the long run they save you a load of money which would otherwise pay your skyrocketing petrol prices. It delivers the same efficiency as your petrol filled scooter in addition to having a wide range of technological features. So, you definitely will not regret making the decision to switch to these new and upcoming electric scooters!
Q) Are electric scooters good for the long distance driving?
Ans: Yes the electric scooters are very comfortable for the long distance driving. In comparison to the bikes, electric scooters provide a better sitting posture which provides relief in the long run.