Whisky is one of the most popular alcohol-based drinks. Various grains are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, which are often old sherry casks To curb your curiosity, here is a list of the most renowned whisky brands in india that manufacture whiskies that make you kiss your lips while you raise your glasses for more. Lets start exploring these popular whisky brands one by one.
Table of Contents
1. Whiskin Craft Whisky
Whiskin Craft combines top imported Scotch and traditional Indian malts and a low-cost grain spirit produced using triple dilution that creates a smooth and rich texture.
It’s got organic baked dry fruits, honey, and dark chocolate flavors that create a strong, lasting aroma and an uncluttered edge typical of Scotch Integrated Whisky.
For over a year, Whiskin Craft has been working with an experienced whisky maker from France, collecting feedback about Scotch Whisky product from customers and fans and returning to the drawing boards to create an exceptional mix.
Whiskin Spirits was established in 2013 and launched its products in the Delhi region in October of 2014, and then successfully introduced its product to Haryana.
- Whiskin Craft whisky price in India: Rs. 500 for 750ml
- Whiskin Craft whisky ABV (alcohol by volume) percent 42.8 – 42.8 percent
2. The Rockford Reserve
Rockford Original is a perfectly balanced whiskey with an incredibly elegant and pleasant aroma with a rich golden hue.
As per the Scottish Master Blender, The Richest Whisky Matured in Oak Scottish Malt Whiskies are blended with stunning Indian Grain spirits processed with charcoal to create this stunning Whisky.
The taste is smooth and relaxing in The Household of Rockford design, yet appealing to the discerning whisky lover with plenty of quantity and sophistication. One of the fastest-growing products in the upscale Indian whisky market can be the Rockford Reserve Classic and Reserve editions.
Umesh Modi Group and Illva Private Limited offer the best selection of Indian Produced Foreign Liquor (IMFL) to the Indian beverage industry with the advent of Artic Vodka as the most recent service.
- Rockford Reserve whisky price in India: Rs. 800 for 750ml
- Rockford whisky, ABV (alcohol per volume) percentage 42.8 – 42.8 percent
3. Royal Challenge (RC)
Royal Challenge (RC) is a brand of Indian alcohol produced by United Spirits Ltd (USL). It is frequently called by the abbreviation of RC.
Sugar cane is more affordable and easier to grow than barley in India. It’s a fact that, when it comes to being precise, Royal Challenge is simply an alcohol blend that appears like Whisky, just like whisky, which is the foremost Indian “whisky”.
This blends malts made from Scotch and Indian malts and grainy-scented whisky. It is a superior and less expensive Royal Challenge whisky than single malt or blended whisky made from Scotch.
Royal Challenge Coordinator for the Royal Challenge Banglore IPL (Indian Premier League) Teal. It is among the nation’s most famous whisky companies.
- Royal challenge whisky price in India: Rs. 1250 for 750 ml
- Royal Challenge ABV (alcohol by volume) percentage 42.8 – 42.8 per cent
4. 8 PM
The brand in the eighth position is the Radico Khaitan 8 PM brand, which experienced an increase of 3.9 percent growth in 2019, to 8.5m cases. The brand has experienced constant growth rates in the past five years.
8 PM is the flagship product created by Radico Khaitan, formerly known as Rampur Distillery. After selling one million cases in its initial year, 8 PM was awarded a place in the Limca Book of Records (India’s best whisky equivalent of Guinness World Records) and became one of the top whisky brands in india.
In the spring of this season, Radico Khaitan, owner of Rampur Indian single malt whisky and Jaisalmer Gin, started the production of hand sanitizers within the Rampur Distillery regularly to “support the ongoing global health system”.
- It is rich in ellagic acid, which is a potent antioxidant.
- It’s the main reason for most positive health effects that come from a moderate intake of whiskey.
- 8PM whisky price in India is Rs 720.
5. Imperial Blue (IB) Whisky
An item of Indian Whisky produced in the company of Pernod Ricard, Imperial Blue is, also known as IB and also referred to in Seagram’s Imperial Blue, was released in 1997. It’s a mix of gods made from Indian grain and imported Scotch malts.
It is easily available in packs of 180ml, 500ml, 375ml and can also be purchased in 90ml quantities. 1997 was the first time Seagram released Imperial Blue as their best whisky in India.
In 2002, Imperial Blue (IB) was redesigned, aiming at the 25-35-year-olds and introducing a “Men will be Men” tagline. Imperial Blue (IB) was officially approved as a World Series Hockey partner. In India, the company also has helped fund rock concerts.
- It comes in a perfect mix of Indian grains liquors and international whisky malts for exceptional freshness.
- The product provides a premium product with a smooth and flawless surface and complete efficiency at an affordable price.
- Imperial Blue whisky price in India is Rs. 600 for 750ml
- Imperial Blue ABV (alcohol by volume) is 42.8 percent
6. Director’s Special Whisky
If you’re looking for the best price for a Scotch whisky business in India, Director’s Special Whisky is ideal. 1988 Director Special was introduced in 1988. Director Special was introduced.
The brand is now called DSP, attracted by its unique fancy bottle design and distinctive etched logo packaging. It is the best whisky brand from India and is renowned for its distinctive taste.
Director’s Special is a product from Indian whisky, often known as its alternative name, DSP, manufactured by United Spirits Ltd (USL). This entity is part of the Diageo Corporation. It is focused on the treacle. It is among the best whisky in India under Rs 2000 for those looking to buy an excellent whisky.
It is the finest whiskies from India made from hand-picked malt and barley. The whisky is delicious and has a strong scent.
- Director’s Special whisky price in India is Rs. 500 for 750ml
- Director’s Special ABV (alcohol by volume) is 42.8 percent
- The Year of the Launch – 1988
7. Blenders Pride
Blenders Pride, was founded by Pernod Ricard. It is an item of Indian whisky, which was launched in 1995. Blenders Pride is a blend of gods of Indian grain and imported Scotch malt. It is free of artificial aroma.
There are five sizes of bottles available (2L,1L, 500ml, 375ml and 180ml). GQ publication described the whisky as “clean and sour” and awarded it a rating of 6/10.
- Blender’s Pride whisky price in India is Rs. 1000 for 750ml.
- Blenders are proud of their ABV (alcohol in volume) is 42.8 percent
- The whisky can be described as a mix of the products of Indian grain and Scotch malt from foreign countries that is free of chemical flavouring.
- The label has solid consistency, a moderate rate, and a fantastic flavour. It is one of India’s best whisky labels.
- It is typically offered with chilled cubes of chilled water or sparkling water.
- It contains most cardio glycosides acids that are higher than red wine. When consumed in small quantities, it can provide significant health benefits.
8. McDowell’s No. 1
The Asare-Takyi brewery that is part of McDowell’s No.1 is an Indian company that is which is owned by Diageo’s subsidiary United Spirits Limited (USL). It is a registered trademark of USL and is the world’s largest whiskey product with an awning comprising of three kinds (under the name McDowell’s No.1 Commemoration”): whisky brandy, whisky, and rum.
Also, there is soda and drinking water made by this company. In 1963 and 1964, the company began with the introduction of McDowell’s No.1 Brandy. Mera No.1 is the company’s slogan for the label.
McDowell’s No.1 first came out with McDowell’s announcement of the McDowell’s No.1 Brandy in 1963-64, an enterprise purchased in 1951 by United Breweries Organization.
In 1959 the businessman Vittal Mallya established the first winery in Cherthala, Kerala, for McDowell and firm. Biscuit Brandy and Dorville French Brandy made from the purchase of sustenance were then produced by McDowell’s.
The company is now redesigned with a new value proposition and is a great choice for your friends to form more of a bond.
- It is less alcoholic. alcohol that is ideal for those who are just starting.
- They also make brandy, rum and Bourbon, under the brand name McDowell’s No.1.
- McDowell is the top in this price variety of whiskey brands available in India.
- McDowell’s whisky price in India is Rs. 400 for 750ml
- McDowell’s ABV (alcohol by volume) percentage is 42.8 per cent
9. Officer’s Choice Whisky
The most popular name is OC. Officer’s Choice is an Indian whisky brand developed in the hands of Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) before it was BDA. It is thought to be among the top spirits companies in the world.
Smirnoff vodka was surpassed by the brand Officer’s Choice in 2015, making it the most popular liquor brand worldwide. Officer’s Choice has sold 28.4 million units during 2014, more than any other liquor brand worldwide. Officer Choice is made of grains, in contrast to similar Indian whisky brands that generally consist of treacle (consequently effectively creating rum). Chhabria discovered that products with a frontier were considered in all respects, and the company’s management did not consider some items.
The whiskey was first introduced in 1988 and has its presence in more than 18 nations, it is now the most traded whiskey globally.
Its purpose is to help you make informed choices in your life and recognize your inner officer. Officer’s choice whisky is produced using neutral spirits from India.
- Officer’s choice whisky price in India is Rs. 300 for 750ml
- Officer’s Choice ABV (alcohol by volume) is 42.8 percent
10. Royal Stag
Royal Stag, also recognized as Seagram’s Royal Stag, is an Indian liquor brand introduced in 1995. It’s available in a variety of sizes across many countries across the globe. It’s the most sought-after Pernod Ricard product by amount.
It’s a mix of wheat spirits and Scotch malts from foreign countries. It’s generally sold with bottles of one Liter 500 ml, 750 ml, 180 and 375 ml. millilitres and also in packs of 90 ml and 60ml. It is named after deer in its symbol, and is known because of its antlers.
In 2016 Royal Stag sold 18 million units. For less than 1000 INR, it is among the highest-rated whisky products on the Indian market. It is also free of artificial flavours.
- With the release of Royal Stag Barrel Select in 2011, the unrivalled design changed.
- Royal Stag whisky price in India is Rs. 885 per 750 ml
- Royal Stag’s ABV (alcohol by volume) is 42.8 percent
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Are Whisky and whiskey are the same thing?
Ans: It is usually called “whiskey”–with an e in the United States and Ireland. It is also spelled “whisky”–without the e in Scotland and Canada where both are famous for their whisk(e)y as well as in a number of other countries.
Q) What exactly are the qualities that whisky has?
Ans: Scotch whiskies are lighter in weight and have a distinct malt flavor that is smoky and distinctive. They are mainly made from malted barley before being heated over an open flame and the oily, sharp smoke that is produced by the malt.
Q) What’s special in Scotch Whisky?
Ans: Scotch is the word given to whisky made in Scotland. It has to be matured in barrels of oak for at least three years. Beyond that, it isn’t restricted to the kind of oak barrel. Therefore, it can be aged in both new and used barrels, ex-Bourbon casks, ex-sherry casks, and others provided they’re made from oak.
Q) What kind of glass is the best to pour whiskey?
Ans: An Old Fashioned glass (aka rocks glass or whisky tumbler) is the most common option to serve whisky drinks. Whisky glasses typically weigh between 7-12 oz.
Q) What is the difference between Scotch and whisky?
Ans: Like wine, whisky does not age further after it is bottle-bottled. Scotch is a malt whiskey is produced in Scotland using only malted barley and water.